WARREN COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) - A man sits in jail after being involved in a crash, carjacking and then leading police on a chase on I-20.
The Columbia County Sheriff's Office reports 29-year-old Robin Wilson Jr, whose last known address is in Virginia, is suspected of being involved in a carjacking at the 155 East Bound area on Interstate 20, in Warren County.
Witnesses told law enforcement Wilson was involved in a crash at that location with a white pickup truck.
When both drivers got out of their vehicles, the suspect stole the white pickup and fled on I 20 east bound.
The other driver who was rear ended had a firearm and shot at the suspect as he was speeding off, but did not hit anything.
The witness called 911 and followed the suspect giving updates to his location.
A Georgia State Patrol Trooper attempted a traffic stop, but Wilson kept driving into Richmond County.
That trooper also tried attempting a PIT maneuver around mile marker 195 with no success.
A second PIT maneuver was successful at mile marker 196, disabling the truck, but the suspect refused to exit.
He reportedly resisted arrest, fighting off attempts to be cuffed and was tased before being taken into custody.
GSP is handling charges.
The GBI is investigating the carjacking in Warren County.
The suspect was identified using a fingerprinting scanner after refusing to answer any questions.
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect