AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - Veterans Day is on Sunday, Nov. 11 but many of them were honored at Augusta University, (AU).
A Veterans Day Walk to Remember was held at the fountain on the Summerville Campus on Friday, Nov. 9 beginning at 7 a.m.
The event was organized by LTC Danielle K. Rodondi, a professor of Military Science at AU.
Those in attendance used the opportunity to thank those who put their lives on the line every day to protect our freedom.
The walk ended at 8 a.m. and was a path around the historic route on the Summerville Campus.
Flags were planted on the graves of the fallen soldiers and there was a short ceremony with refreshments.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- A woman is in jail accused of killing her husband.
- Aiken County Board of Education's agenda before the holiday break
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect