AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - An investigation is underway after a body was discovered in a South Augusta parking lot, early Sunday morning.
Richmond County investigators responded to the scene of an unresponsive female in a vehicle parked at the IGA on 3355 Deans Bridge Road in South Augusta around 7:15 a.m.
She was pronounced dead at 8 a.m.
According to Richmond County Coroner Mark Bowen, the woman was 34-year-old Ashley Michelle Buchanan of North Augusta.
Buchanan was pronounced dead at 8 a.m. and her body was sent to the GBI Crime Lab for an autopsy.
NewsChannel 6 will continue to keep you updated.
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect