AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - The Richmond County School System has released a statement regarding a BB gun brought by a student to a local elementary school.
Kaden Jacobs tells us that the BB gun brought to Southside Elementary was unloaded.
The student reportedly showed other students the gun and another student reported him to a teacher.
The School System has released the following letter to parents:
Good Afternoon Parents,
In an effort to keep you informed, I wanted to let you know of an event today where a student brought a BB gun to school. After showing other students the BB gun, a student reported the BB gun to a teacher. The student was then taken to the office for discipline. At no time were any students in any danger. Please take this opportunity to speak to your child about the importance of school safety and the appropriateness of items they bring to school.
As always, I appreciate your support of the Richmond County School System and Southside Elementary School.
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect