AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - Unite the Fight Against Cancer, hosted by the Georgia cancer center of Augusta University, is a 1.5 mile walk that celebrates and honors all those who have been impacted by the disease. Just a year ago one survivors' life changed. That's when Carrie Serigney was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
"I'm hoping that through awareness walks like these, that people can raise money and get funding for the testing of it so that so many people don't have to go through what I've gone through."
But her fight with this disease did not end there.
"I lost one yesterday with pancreatic cancer dear friend and she's the second one this week but it's great to see so many people bringing awareness to all the cancers."
The goal for this year--to raise 50,000 and with 391 donations they raised close to $46,000 so far.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- A woman is in jail accused of killing her husband.
- Aiken County Board of Education's agenda before the holiday break
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect