Augusta,Ga (WJBF) - Augusta's historic sister cemeteries holding unusual burials today.
At Magnolia Cemetery and Cedar Grove, ceremonies were held as two time capsules were placed in the ground.
The capsules are full of mementoes.
This is part of Bicentenial celebration for these two cemeteries that have played such important roles in the city's history.
"This is an outdoor museum for everyone to enjoy,it's also a major attraction to bring tourists here who have family members or who are seeker of knowledge to gain information so this is our responsibility know to keep these wonderful stories of our city going," said Joyce Law, Program Manager at the Lucy Craft Laney Museum.
Local Union 150 donated both time capsules. Way to go plumbers and steamfitters. Plans call for the capsules to be opened in 2044.
- Florida woman pulls gator from pants during stop
- Pizza for breakfast is healthier than cereal, nutritionist claims
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes