AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - The search is heating up for a missing Augusta man.
In the wake of the reappearance of the missing Wisconsin teenager Jayme Closs, her family remained hopeful. As does the family of Tyrone Hughes.
They will search to the ends of the earth to find the missing father.
"I never would have thought he would be gone this long," said Hughes' cousin Keisha Williams.
Richmond County Sheriff's Office records say 31-year-old Tyrone Hughes or "Veto" has been missing since December 9th.
Williams explained, "His mom called me I want to say on the morning that I filed the missing person (report). She called, she said something is not right. We still haven't talked to him so I said let me get the police involved."
Williams says she last heard Hughes was at a friends house but after that, it's a mystery to what happened.
"He's never went and not contacted me or his family. That's my sidekick that's my sidekick," she said.
Williams describes Hughes as a guy who would do anything you ask of him. Hughes has left behind his kids including an 11-year-old son.
"It's hard because his mother, then he has two brothers and he also has children. He loves his kids and his kids love him so it's hard. It's hard," affirmed Williams.
Hughes' family is not giving up hope. They just want Tyrone home.
"If anybody, anybody knows anything please contact me. The news people if you have to. Other family, friends, Richmond County Sheriff's Department, I just want him found safe."
Hughes' family is planning a search at 2:00 p.m. on January 13th starting at Fleming Park.
If you have any information on Hughes' whereabouts, call the Richmond County Sheriff's office at (706) 821-1010 or his family at (803) 341-2784.
- Pizza for breakfast is healthier than cereal, nutritionist claims
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood