BURKE COUNTY, Ga - UPDATE: We now know the name of the victim who was hit and killed by a vehicle in Burke County, Saturday morning.
13-year old Alexis Russell was walking with her 14 year old friend when she was hit and killed around 4am.
Georgia State Patrol is now handling the case.
No word on any charges the driver of the vehicle may face.
NewsChannel 6 will keep you updated.
The Burke County Sheriff's Office is investigating after a teenage girl was hit and killed, early Saturday morning.
The sheriff's office and Burke County EMA -Fire- Rescue responded to Ebenezer Church Road, 200 yards west of Highway 23, for a pedestrian struck in the roadway, around 4am.
They say a 13-year old girl was out walking with her friend in the road when the accident happened.
NewsChannel 6 will bring you more information once it's been released.
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect