NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. (WJBF) - The Aiken County Sheriff's Office is investigating a suspicious death on the 400 Block of Fir Street in North Augusta.
Investigators say around 5:00 pm, a mother found her daughter unresponsive and with serious injuries and called 911.
The victim was pronounced dead a short time later. She has been identified as 20-year-old Melissa Clary.
The Aiken County Coroner has concluded that her death was the result of blunt force trauma and strangulation.
Her death has been ruled a homicide.
The Aiken County Sheriff's Office and Coroner's Office are investigating.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop