AIKEN, S.C. (WJBF) - The Aiken County Sheriff's Office is investigating a suspicious death at a local cemetery.
Investigators say they were alerted to a deceased person found in a building on the Southlawn Cemetery property on Whiskey Road on Monday around 10:15 a.m.
The Aiken County Coroner has identified the victim as James D. Maxwell, an employee of the cemetery.
He was found in his living quarters at the rear of the office.
Maxwell died from multiple gunshot wounds.
An autopsy has been scheduled for Wednesday in Newberry.
No word on any suspects in the case.
Count on NewsChannel 6 for the latest details as they're available.
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect