(WJBF) - - UPDATE: Early Thursday morning smoke was visible from a home located at 3366 Milledgeville Road.
According to the Augusta Fire Department, the home caught on fire Wednesday night around 8:15 pm.
The home was engulfed when fire crews arrived on scene.
Six people were in the home and two were adults and four were children.
The residents owned six dogs and three of the dog did not make it out.
Roads were blocked from North Leg Road to Golden Camp Road.
Chief Christopher James stated, “We take ALL Fire-related deaths and injuries seriously. Our thoughts and prayers are with this family during this time.”
A firefighter was also taken from the scene by a fire department ambulance that will be checked out for possible injuries.
The family suffered no injuries..
Structure fire on Milledgeville Road
According to the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office, there is a structure fire on 3366 Milledgeville Road,
The call came into dispatch around 7:02 am Thursday.
Fire crews are on the scene and it said that smoke is visible.
You can count on WJBF NewsChannel 6 to have more on the story as it develops.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- Two Richmond County schools on Public Safety Alert after social media threat
- Great American Smokeout helping people quit smoking
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect