Augusta,Ga (WJBF) - The lowering of the Savannah River has hit the bottom
The Corp of Engineers has been drawing down the river to simulate the impact of replacing lock and dam with a rock weir.
Officials say the target level has now been reached.
There are significant shoreline impacts for residents at places like Waters Edge.
Where many say they're losing access to the river.
"Our dock is floating on land, which is very interesting to have a dock floating on land, for myself and all the fellow residents 30...40 houses here that all paid money for this property put docks and put boats, and boats are floating on land right now," said Jack Claussen, who lives at Waters Edge.
The Corps of Engineers plans to hold the river at this level for the next 7 days.
Have you seen the Augusta Canal...
Electrical fire contained at Center...
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him