EVANS, Ga. (WJBF) - A new charter school in Evans now has a new playground dedicated to children of military families.
This morning Imagination Playground was unveiled at the School for Arts Infused Learning, also known as SAIL.
The playground is designed with equipment that allows kids to use their imagination more while playing.
"This type of equipment that they're using today, they get to build their own play spaces and then they get to tear it apart and create something all new again," says Carmax GM, Clayton Fulmer. "So I think for SAIL in particular when they're used to using their imaginations and they're used to creating things on their own, this type of equipment will be perfect for them."
This is one of 10 Imagination Playgrounds dedicated this week across the nation in partnership with The CarMax Foundation and KaBOOM!
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- The search for funding to pay for a new public safety headquarters
- Vet turns 100 on Armistice Day centennial
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect