AUGUSTA (WJBF) - NewsChannel 6 has learned that a Richmond County Inmate was found unresponsive in his locked cell.
42-year-old, Curtis L. Riley, was found dead Thursday morning by Deputy Jailers at the Charles B. Webster Detention Center.
He was brought to the jail in February on Burglary, Criminal Trespass and Failure to Appear charges.
An autopsy is scheduled at the GBI Crime Lab.
The Richmond County Coroner’s Office, GBI and the Richmond County Sheriff's Office are investigating the death.
- Florida woman pulls gator from pants during stop
- Pizza for breakfast is healthier than cereal, nutritionist claims
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes