COLUMBIA CO., GA (WJBF) - - A public hearing will be held to discuss the Columbia County Board of Education's proposed millage rate.
If adopted, property owners could see a tax increase of 1.72 percent.
That means if you own a home worth $200,000 dollars, you would see an increase of about $24.00
on your property tax bill.
The hearing is Tuesday, July 9 at 6 pm at Greenbrier High School.
The ending hearing will be July 24th at the Board of Education.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop