AUGUSTA,Ga (WJBF) - Growing opposition to plans in Augusta to increase street light fee's
A subcommittee has been working for weeks to developments plans to eliminate a more than one million dollar shortfall in the street light budget.
The subcommittee's meeting today to finalize proposals that would raise rates was canceled.
but that didn't stop some commissioners from speaking out against raising rates, instead of cutting costs.
"I drove down Walton Way.this morning and you got new light polls as well as lights on the top do we need both of them let's have that tough discussion and not just agree to go ahead and hit the taxpayers," says Commissioner Sean Frantom.
"What would you like to see done, turn off lights?" "
I mean let's look at it,' said Frantom.
The street light sub-committee will try again and meet Wednesday.
Thursday commissioners are scheduled to debate directing drafting new language to change the street light fees.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop