MCCORMICK COUNTY, S.C. (WJBF) -
***UPDATED MAY 28, 2018 AT 3:20 P.M.
We spoke with Andy Cato, Drew Cato's father, and he told us he is about 90 percent sure that his son was located in McCormick County. He added that the man suspected of killing his son, Devin Stringfield, lives in that area.
Human remains found Sunday are on the way to the state crime lab.
Authorities say the remains were discovered in a wooded area by Lost Wilderness Road.
That's in the Clarks Hill Community.
At this point, law enforcement is unable to confirm the identity of the body.
The Richmond County Sheriff's Department is looking to see if the body is that of Drew Cato, who has been missing since May 5.
23-year-olds Blaeke Wolfe and Devin Stringfield were arrested and charged with murder on Friday in connection to Cato's disappearance.
Cato and Wolfe share a child together.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- A woman is in jail accused of killing her husband.
- Aiken County Board of Education's agenda before the holiday break
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect