EVANS, Ga. (WJBF) - Confirmed to NewsChannel 6 by its international headquarters, The Gap is closing at the Augusta Mall. Meanwhile the international clothing company is putting an Old Navy store in Evans.
Information found online via an online bidding platform states the store will be located in the former Babies R Us at Mullins Crossing.
The building is the largest empty space in the complex, and once finished the Old Navy store will fill over 12-thousand square feet of space.
Bidding for the job, also includes building out a franchise store called “Five Below” which sells items under 5 dollars and another small scale retail project.
Gap incorporated owns Old Navy as well as Banana Republic, the casual upscale clothier permanantly closed the Augusta Mall promenade location.
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high