SOUTH CAROLINA (WJBF) - A memorial ceremony paying special tribute to police officers in South Carolina who gave their lives in the line of duty.
Four law enforcement officers were killed on the job in the state in 2017.
On Wednesday, May 2, in Columbia dozens of officers honored the duty and service of trooper Daniel Rebman, Master Police officer Jason Harris, Deputy Devin Hodges and Corporal James Chapman.
Members of law enforcement say losing an officer doesn't just affect that officer's family but on the whole department as well.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- Burke County accident blocks traffic on Highway 25
- Drop-in Thanksgiving lunch held in New Ellenton, South Carolina
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect