AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - A man died after being hit in his car while sitting at a traffic light on Doug Barnard Parkway.
It happened just before 1:30 p.m. The Richmond County Coroner reports 37-year-old Joshua Ducey was driving a 2007 Ford Escape waiting to turn left onto Gordon Highway.
That's when the driver of a Nissan Titan pickup truck, while traveling at a high rate of speed on Gordon Highway, lost control of the truck, hit a guardrail and t-boned Ducey's Ford.
Both the driver of the truck and the passenger in the Ford were taken to the hospital for treatment. Ducey was pronounced dead at the scene.
The coroner's report said charges are pending against the driver of the truck.
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect