AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - The two individuals charged in connection to the death of an Augusta teen went before a grand jury Tuesday. Leon and Tanya Tripp were both indicted in the Superior Court of Richmond County on the following:
Count 1&2 - Murder for Leon Tripp
Count 3 - Murder in the 2nd Degree for Tanya Tripp
Count 4 - Kidnapping with bodily injury for Leon Tripp
Count 5 - Cruelty to children in the 1st Degree for Leon Tripp
Count 6 - Concealing a death for both
Count 7 - Harboring a fugitive for Tanya Tripp
The indictment states that Leon Tripp is accused of murdering LaTania Janell Carwell between April 16 and May 23. Tanya Tripp, the mother of Janell, is accused of murder during the same dates. Additionally, the indictment states Tanya Tripp failed to provide accurate information regarding the circumstances of her daughter's abduction.
Leon Tripp, who had a cruelty to children charge in another Georgia county, is accused of the same in this case. Specifically, cruel and excessive physical and mental pain by binding the limbs and causing the death of Janell.
We will continue to follow this story.
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect