JACKSON, S.C. (WJBF) - Residents of the city of Jackson South Carolina are mourning the loss of their dedicated police chief.
Chief Dennis Rushton served as the leader of the Jackson police department for 27 years before he died last week.
Last call for Chief Rushton was held on Tuesday morning as law enforcement and first responders escorted the funeral procession through the city of Jackson one last time.
Chief Rushton, a member of law enforcement for 33 years, was a deputy for the Aiken County Sheriff's Office prior to becoming Chief of Police in Jackson.
Zac Brown Band to perform in Evans in...
Search for missing Augusta woman in...
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- A woman is in jail accused of killing her husband.
- Aiken County Board of Education's agenda before the holiday break
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect