AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - WJBF NewsChannel 6 has been reporting for weeks that the City of Augusta would be draining the canal so crews can fix a leak along the canal bank.
Nevertheless, it is surprising to people who enjoy the canal regularly to see the levels fall.
These pictures were sent Friday evening from a viewer who is close to the WJBF news team: anchor Jennie Montgomery's daughter, Maddy!
The project started in January and is expected to be finished in March.
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him