GROVETOWN, Ga. (WJBF) - The Grovetown Police Department is in need of a K-9 officer.
The previous K-9 retired several months ago.
Because of the high cost to buy, train and equip the four-legged officer, Councilman Eric Blair took it upon himself to set up a go fund me page.
"We've been having to rely on other agencies when they have a K-9 available. We call the Columbia County Sheriff's Office, or the Richmond County Sheriff's Office. Sometimes it works out when there's one available, sometimes it doesn't," said Grovetown Public Safety Officer Jacob Rambo.
If you'd like to donate, head to this GoFundMe page: https://www.gofundme.com/grovetown-needs-a-k9-help
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high