NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C.(WJBF) - UPDATED ON SUNDAY, MARCH 25 AT 3:52 P.M.
The Aiken County Coroner identified the victim of the fatal fire in North Augusta. That person has been identified as 25-year-old Christopher Gazda. He lived at the home with his family.
An early morning house fire in North Augusta is under investigation.
Witnesses say the massive blaze broke out around 12:15, Saturday morning, on West Woodlawn Avenue.
According to the Aiken County coroner, one person was killed in the fire.
We're waiting for the victim's name to be released as well as the cause of that fire.
An autopsy is scheduled for Monday in Newberry, South Carolina.
NewsChannel 6 will continue to keep you updated.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- Mayor Hardie Davis speaks out for public safety after ad in Sundays' newspaper targets fire chief
- "Out There...Somewhere": Rocking in Appling
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect