AUGUSTA,Ga (WJBF) - We are learning more about the big plans for the Augusta Municipal Golf Course.
Commissioners approved an agreement with The Veterans Alliance to create a golf training center for wounded veterans..
The veterans would lean golf course maintenance and management.
The Alliance is also promising a six million dollar make-over for The Patch course, nine holes at a time, to make it more playable for the physically challenge
But before the final okay the city wants to make sure all the finances are in place.
"And we put some timelines in the agreement with them that they have to prove to us they have the money in the bank prior to starting the first step which is the double eagle performance center and in a certain point in that construction they have to prove they have the money in the bank prior to starting the first nine," said Recreation and Parks Director Glenn Parker.
The President of The Warrior Alliance says work on the training center, which will look like two golf holes should begin this fall.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop