(WJBF) - - The Federal Reserve may be raising interest rates for the second time this year Wednesday.
This decision comes after a two-day policy meeting.
Policymakers hinted that they would raise rates if the economy kept performing as expected, last month.
The Federal Reserve is expected to bump up the federal funds rate by a quarter of a percentage point.
While the rate hike seems likely policy, makers are divided on whether to raise rates a total of three times this year or four.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop