COLUMBIA, S.C. (WJBF) - The SCANA and Dominion Energy merger is complete.
On Wednesday, Dominion made the announcement about the deal.
SCANA is drowning in debt after the nuclear construction project, Santee Cooper failed.
The Virginia-based company paid $6.8 Billion for SCANA. So, it will take on its consolidated debt of $6.6 Billion.
The deal forces users to keep paying to cover the cost of santee cooper.
Dominion claims consumer bills will decrease.
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him