THOMSON, Ga. (WJBF) - - The GBI identified the couple involved in the murder-suicide in McDuffie County. It all started with a homicide investigation. The Sheriff's Office found 62-year-old Cynthia Cason dead in her front yard in the 22-hundred block of Red Haven Drive in Thomson around 6:00 Sunday morning.
The investigation revealed her husband, 58-year-old Jeffery Cason barricaded himself inside a garage near the home. They later found out he shot and killed his wife and then turned the gun on himself.
According to neighbors, the Casons were good people. They always kept to themselves but were willing to help someone out if needed. Neighbors also said there was no indication that Jeffery and Cynthia Cason's relationship was in distress.
NewsChannel 6 continues to follow this story.
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect