HEPHZIBAH, Ga.(WJBF) - The Richmond County Coroner identified the victim in the deadly shooting Saturday morning. 36-year-old Antoine Dejon Jones was found in the backyard of his home. Jones, apparently, was shot one time at least. His body was sent to the GBI Lab for an autopsy.
The Richmond County coroner has confirmed deputies are at 2627 Patterson Bridge Road in Hephzibah for a deadly shooting.
We do know that one person is dead.
The call came in around 6:30 a.m., Saturday.
Investigators on the scene say the body was found outside the home in the backyard.
No word on the name of the victim or suspect at this time.
There is another person living at the home but she wasn't harmed.
Right now, very few details are being released.
We will update you as more information becomes available.
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect