EVANS, Ga. (WJBF)- - Happening Wednesday in Columbia County: You can get an inside-look at the first building in what will soon become the county's "downtown district".
Meybohm Real Estate is the first company opening shop, and it's a concept unlike any other.
Meybohm told us they have never invested in a building this large. It is 58-thousand square feet, but only 16-thousand will be used for real estate -- occupying portions of the first and third floors.
The building houses rental spaces for restaurants, retail stores, office suites and even a roof-top event center. Meybohm's chairman said a restaurant is looking to secure a space right now, but the name is still under wraps.
They are also still looking for the right fit for the retail and office suites: "This is the first building in a series of buildings," E.G. Meybohm explained. "There is already construction going on for the performing arts center, then to the right as you come in, the county is making preparations to build a 200 car paring deck. Then on the other side, we have two slots that will be additional buildings."
Meybohm isn't stopping there. The company has other plots of land that will be mixed-use development as well -- whether a hotel, residential or retail space. That's all part of The Plaza's second phase.
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect