Richmond County Coroner Mark Bowen reports a 20-month old child was found unresponsive in an above ground pool at her home. It happened this morning around 11:30 a.m. in the 1100 block on Union Cemetery Road. That's when First Responders were called to the scene. They found family attempting to revive the child. She was taken to Augusta University Pediatric Emergency where she was pronounced dead around 12:30 p.m. The child is Charlotte Jo Dill and her body will be sent to the GBI Lab for autopsy. We will continue to follow this incident.
The family is asking for assistance with funeral expenses. If you can help, you can visit the GoFundMe page here.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop