AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - The Richmond County Coroners office is investigating a body that was found in South Augusta on October 15th.
Coroner Mark Bowen tells NewsChannel 6 the body was found in the woods near the Wal-Mart on Deans Bridge Road.
The body has been identified as 59-year-old John Leroy Daniel.
Daniel has been missing since October 2nd.
Bowen says that the body had been there for several days.
It's been taken to the GBI Lab for an autopsy.
Daniel’s white 1999 Ford F-150 had previously been located in the 2800 block of Washington Road.
Stay tuned to NewsChannel 6 for more on this developing story
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Thomson Business owner convicted of medicare fraud
- Cybersecurity experts critical of proposed electronic voting system
- District 5 seat remains vacant
- Naming Amphitheater for late Commissioner proposed
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect