AUGUSTA, GA (WJBF) - The Richmond County Sheriff's Office says a man is charged with making terroristic threats against commissioners.
James Butch Palmer allegedly posted a threatening message in the Augusta Political Watch Facebook Group that mentioned "splitting their throat with a box cutter".
According to Investigators, the following posts were written by Palmer on Facebook:
- "Get rid of Mercy Ministries and the Crack houses and downtown will bloom on its own!"
- "Start by splitting each commissioner's throat with a box cutter and make sure they bleed out before any chance of survival."
- "Would I like to see the Augusta commission snuffed out? Yes, I would!"
Commissioner Wayne Guilfoyle received a copy of the post and contacted the Sheriff's Office.
Palmer told investigators that he used the wrong choice of words for the post but he would never harm anyone.
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect