AUGUSTA, Ga (WJBF) - Augusta's annual battle of the budget kicks off Tuesday.
Commissioners will be hearing from the city administrator's recommendations for spending for 2019.
Commissioner Dennis Williams knows city finances are tight, and says he would not rule out the possibility for a tax increase.
"We must always keep in our mind with everything increasing there may be a possibility a tax increase will come. So is that something you would support, I would look at the need and all that but I could understand it, therefore yeah I would support it," says Commissioner Dennis Williams.
One factor that will need to be included in the budget is street light fees. Last month Commissioners approved for the first time charging city properties the fees.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- A woman is in jail accused of killing her husband.
- Aiken County Board of Education's agenda before the holiday break
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect