AIKEN COUNTY, S.C - A murder suspect in Aiken County is now behind bars.
42-year-old Thomas Burkhart is accused of stabbing 74-year old Joseph Bell to death Friday night on Good Hope Farms Road.
Burkhart was taken into custody by deputies from both the Richmond County Sheriff's Office with the assistance of the Aiken County Sheriff's Office shortly after 5a.m., Saturday.
Details of the arrest are not known at this time.
Burkhart is waiting extradition back to Aiken County.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- Local businesses remind shoppers not to forget them when you holiday shop
- One person dead in North Augusta shooting
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect