AIKEN, SC (WJBF) - Art & Soul of Aiken, the hub for local artists in downtown Aiken, is expanding its current location in The Alley.
“We have been very gratified with how well Art & Soul has been received by Aiken artists as well as by those who shop for high quality local art,” said Kim Rising, who co-owns Art & Soul with Stacy O’Sullivan.
The expansion doubles the store’s square footage, gives the gallery more floor space for displays and more room for holding art classes and special events. One of those special events is an annual art contest for Aiken County students, including homeschooled.
47 local artists rent spaces at Art & Soul, displaying a wide range of art from stained and leaded glass, to sculptures, pottery, paintings, and wood creations.
Rising and O’Sullivan founded Art & Soul in 2016 as a place where local artists could gather, display their work and encourage visual art in Aiken.
- Florida woman pulls gator from pants during stop
- Pizza for breakfast is healthier than cereal, nutritionist claims
- Pot smokers find caged tiger in abandoned house, Houston police say
- KFC wants you to enjoy romance on a Colonel Sanders bearskin rug this Valentine's Day
- Ax-wielding man wrecks home after thinking wife damaged action figures
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes