Grovetown, GA (WJBF) - Five local high school students face criminal charges for fighting. The Columbia County Sheriff's Office is investigating 3 fights that happened this week at Grovetown High School.
On Thursday, NewsChannel 6’s Ashley Osborne asked the Sheriff's Office to send us the incident reports for the fights.
The documents show, one fight involved two male students in the men's restroom and was recorded with cell phone video. Another involved two female students. The report says the girls "mutually threw their belongings down and began to fight." All four of those teens face juvenile fighting charges.
The final incident involved female students as well. According to the report, one student was waiting down the hall for the other during class change. She faces charges of simple battery. The narrative lists the other girl as a victim saying she was defending herself.
The Columbia County board of education sent us this statement saying:
“Administrators have been made aware of fighting that was recorded and posted on social media. In these instances of inappropriate behavior there were severe code of conduct violations and consequences as well as the involvement by the Columbia County Sheriff's Office. We sincerely hope the actions of a few do not define the Warrior nation. Instead, we hope to bring the focus back to the actions of the many who have done so much to bring Pride to Grovetown High School.”
Augusta man arrested after stealing...
Suspect named in Melissa Clary...
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop