COLUMBIA COUNTY, Ga.(WJBF)- - Columbia County has a new app for motorcycles and bicycles that increases rider safety.
It's called, "Ride on Time Columbia County."
It's designed to improve and ease traffic congestion.
When a small vehicle enters the detection zone of a traffic light, it will send a notification to trigger a green light.
The app makes sure a motorcyclist or biker isn't skipped during traffic light rotation, which could cause the driver to make an illegal turn.
"Of course, any time we want to make it safest for the public, whether they're on a bicycle or a motorcycle or a vehicle themselves. We want to keep the traffic flowing," said Tony Williams with Columbia County Traffic Engineering.
The app is available on Apple and Android devices.
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect