AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – Richmond County Deputies are investigating a shooting on Perry Avenue in Augusta Wednesday evening.
Deputies responded to the 900 block of Perry Avenue in reference to a shooting. Upon arrival, they found a woman who had sustained a gun shot wound.
The victim, an elderly woman, and another person were inside the residence when someone fired a round into the home, striking the woman. She was taken to a local hospital for treatment. The other person inside the home was unharmed.
There is no word yet on a suspect. This investigation is ongoing.
Stay tuned to NewsChannel 6 for more information on this developing investigation.
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- How to cook safely this Thanksgiving
- Isolated storms for Thanksgiving. – Check here for your forecast
- One historic Augusta restaurant following city’s mask ordinance while offering holiday meal for families
- Faith leaders and ‘Black Voters Matter’ give away hundreds of Thanksgiving meals and register people to vote