(WJBF) - Two Taliaferro law enforcement officials arrested in Gulf Shores Alabama are accused of smoking marijuana in their unmarked patrol truck.
Chief Deputy Marcus Green and Lead Investigator Marcus Richards were arrested on Saturday night after a 911 complaint of a person urinating in the parking lot near beach access.
Officers with the Gulf Shores Police Department say they found over 10 grams of marijuana in the patrol truck as well as a partially smoked marijuana cigarette.
Green and Richards are currently out on bond and according to the Taliaferro County Sheriff’s Office, both men have resigned their position with the county.
WJBF has reached out to Sheriff Richards, he has no comment on the arrest of his son.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- Instagram cracks down on fake likes, follows, and comments from accounts using third-party apps
- Early morning roadblock and possible fatality on Storm Branch Road by Silver Bluff Road
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect