COLUMBIA COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – A pair of porch pirates are facing charges in Columbia County.
Columbia County Deputies were called to the area of Chastain Drive in reference to suspicious situation involving a traffic stop on a vehicle suspected in a recent package theft.
Responding investigators discovered multiple packages in the trunk of the vehicle driven by Santina Walker.
All items still in boxes were then returned to their owners and other items were taken on property receipts.
Walker and Cesar Guerrero later both confessed to taking the packages on Tuesday and Wednesday while handing out political flyers in the neighborhood.
Both are now facing misdemeanor theft by taking charges.
Guerrero is also charged with felony obstruction charges for reportedly punching a deputy multiple times in the head while being taken into custody.
- Millhaven Rd.
- Colonial Rd.
- Paisley Ln.
- Herrington Dr.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- American Red Cross on standby to help hurricane victims
- Richmond County offers sandbags to residents ahead of Hurricane Ian
- Woman found shot at 12th Street intersection
- ‘The moment you lose faith is the moment you stop looking’: Wagener, S.C. mother missing, boyfriend facing charges
- Pet and wildlife safety in upcoming severe weather
- Rescue act funds for Augusta fire trucks raises questions
- RCSO arrests man for murder in regards to Cascade Drive double homicide
- Gold Cross EMS preparing for impacts of Hurricane Ian