McDUFFIE COUNTY (WJBF) - Autopsy results for two McDuffie County crash victims show that they were dead before the accident, both victims of gunshot wounds.
43-year-old Kenyetta Germany and 42-year-old Cheri Stone were found in a crashed vehicle on Sterling Wells Road near Cobbham Road by a passerby on Wednesday morning.
Georgia State Patrol officers responding to the accident say that the vehicle left the roadway and struck a tree around midnight.
Wednesday's autopsy by the GBI reveals that both victims died as a result of gunshot wounds.
Investigators are treating their deaths as homicide.
Anyone with information is asked to call the GBI at 706-595-2575 or the McDuffie County Sheriff’s Office at 706-595-2040.
Two people are dead after a fatal accident in McDuffie County.
The crash happened around midnight, Tuesday, on Sterling Wells Road near Cobbham Road.
A passerby called the scene in to authorities around 6 a.m.
Investigators say that the vehicle was traveling east when it hit a ditch, sending it colliding with a tree.
The driver has been identified as 43-year-old Kenyetta Germany.
Germany's passenger has been identified as 42-year-old Cheri Stone.
Both are from Thomson.
Autopsy's for Germany and Stone are pending.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- More grant money to juvenile court expands therapy for teens and parents before doing jail time
- Edgefield County murder arrest
- Burke County accident blocks traffic on Highway 25
- Drop-in Thanksgiving lunch held in New Ellenton, South Carolina
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect