BURKE COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) - Local deputies investigating a drugs and weapons case and federal agents are involved.
Chief Lewis Blanchard with the Burke County Sheriff's Office tells us they served a search warrant this morning on Seldon Drive in Hephzibah.
They arrested two people on drugs and weapons charges.
70-year-old Jesse Palmer and 67-year-old Annie Mae Palmer are charged with Possession of Cocaine With the Intent to Distribute, Possession of Marijuana With the Intent to Distribute, and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Crime.
42-year-old Shunda Palmer is charged with Possession of Marijuana With the Intent to Distribute.
Inside the home, investigators found 7 grams of Cocaine, 236 grams of Marijuana and187 grams of grams of Psychedelic Mushrooms. They also found $2,834 in cash, two vehicles and 10 firearms.
Chief Blanchard says the federal drug enforcement administration is involved and so is the Richmond County Sheriff's Office.
More arrests are expected.
Aiken Narcotics Detection K-9 teams...
Accused leaker Reality Winner...
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop