COLUMBIA COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) - UPDATE: Two Augusta teens are behind bars for allegedly committing a string of violent crimes throughout the area.
19-year-old Raoul Butler and 17-year-old Lavelton Philpot are accused of stealing a silver Camry then driving around and robbing people.
They are also accused of opening fire in different locations throughout Richmond County.
The two are also suspects in an armed robbery in Grovetown where police say they rammed the car they were driving into a victim's car before robbing him.
Two Columbia County armed robbery suspects are in custody in Richmond County.
Lavelton Philpot and Raoul Butler were arrested Friday morning on different charges.
They're reportedly linked to a number of crimes across both Richmond and Columbia Counties.
17-year-old Philpot is charged with 2 counts of Armed Robbery and 3 counts of Aggravated Assault
19-year-old Butler is charged with Theft by Taking (Motor Vehicle), 2 counts of Armed Robbery and 1 count of Aggravated Assault.
The two are also accused of robbing a man in Grovetown with a shotgun.
Investigators say they slammed into his car, pull him out and robbed him at gunpoint.
Now, both are at the Webster Detention Center.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop