AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - Three people have been arrested and a fourth is being sought in connection with the suspicious death of a woman found dead in a local grocery store parking lot.
The body of 34-year-old Ashley Buchanan was found in the parking lot of the IGA on Barton Chapel Road on June 3rd.
Her cause of death has not yet been determined.
Investigators say that 52-year-old Angela Barnes found Buchanan unresponsive on a bed at her home earlier that day.
Barnes then allegedly called Dian Smith, Stovall Walker and Kevin West to the home and when they found that Buchanan wasn't breathing, Smith and Walker drove her to the IGA parking lot. They then called 911 to report a body found in the parking lot.
Walker, Smith and West have been arrested and charged with Concealing a Death.
Barnes is currently wanted on the same charge.
Buchannan's autopsy results are pending.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Inmate Found Dead
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop