RICHMOND COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) – A Richmond County man is facing child cruelty charges after reportedly striking a child.
Jimmy Kim Hilliard is charged with Felony 1st Degree Cruelty To Children.
Hilliard is accused of maliciously striking a 2-year-old boy in the face with his hand, causing him to fall onto concrete. This incident reportedly happened on September 5th on the 3100 block of Alpine Road in Augusta.
The child was taken to AU Medical Center for treatment. Doctors found that he had sustained a large hematoma to the forehead, a cut on the right side of his nose and possible fluid buildup around his kidneys.
- Local ministry and La – Z- Boy furniture providing furniture to families in need
- Daughter speaks after mother escapes extremely hot personal care home with carbon monoxide
- Targeted cuts better for Augusta budget woes
- ‘It turned 2020 around for me’: Metro high school senior offered more than $1 million in scholarships
- Police escort man from Florida school board meeting after mask rant
- Luzerne County resident facing voter fraud charges after accusations of submitting absentee ballot application for deceased mother
- McDuffie County Schools expands in-person learning to 4 days a week
- Want to win over your Halloween boo? Try a funny costume