AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – UPDATE: The death of a man found dead on Sibley Street is now being investigated as a homicide.
Richmond County Deputies were dispatched to the 500 block of Sibley Street Tuesday morning around 8:07 A.M. in reference to an unresponsive man on the front porch of an abandoned residence.
When deputies arrived, they found a man bleeding from his head and neck area.
He was pronounced dead by Coroner Mark Bowen at 8:20 am.
He’s been identified as 62-year-old James Patrick Bohannon.
Bohannon was known to frequent the East Boundary St area.
If anyone has any information about this incident, please contact the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office at 706-821-1020.
Richmond County Deputies are investigating a suspicious death.
Deputies were called to the 500 block of Sibley Street on Tuesday just after 8 a.m. in reference to a dead body.
Once there, investigators found a deceased man on the front porch of an abandoned home.
The Richmond County Coroner’s Office is also investigating.
It has been classified as a suspicious death.
The victim’s identity has not been released.
Count on NewsChannel 6 for more details as they become available.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Man arrested in North Carolina in May accused of threatening to kill Joe Biden
- Hurricane Epsilon loses some strength as it will stay out to sea. – Check out the latest.
- New Augusta Transit Center now open
- Walmart files opioid-related lawsuit against the federal government
- Dems, GOP want stimulus package deal before Election Day