AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – UPDATE: The death of a man found dead on Sibley Street is now being investigated as a homicide.
Richmond County Deputies were dispatched to the 500 block of Sibley Street Tuesday morning around 8:07 A.M. in reference to an unresponsive man on the front porch of an abandoned residence.
When deputies arrived, they found a man bleeding from his head and neck area.
He was pronounced dead by Coroner Mark Bowen at 8:20 am.
He’s been identified as 62-year-old James Patrick Bohannon.
Bohannon was known to frequent the East Boundary St area.
If anyone has any information about this incident, please contact the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office at 706-821-1020.
Richmond County Deputies are investigating a suspicious death.
Deputies were called to the 500 block of Sibley Street on Tuesday just after 8 a.m. in reference to a dead body.
Once there, investigators found a deceased man on the front porch of an abandoned home.
The Richmond County Coroner’s Office is also investigating.
It has been classified as a suspicious death.
The victim’s identity has not been released.
Count on NewsChannel 6 for more details as they become available.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Peace and Unity Parade happening in Waynesboro
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- Residents report long wait times for setting up appointments for vaccines; more workers expected to take calls
- Vaccine registration issues in rural South Carolina
- Sen. Lindsey Graham urges politicians to stop the second impeachment of President Trump