AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - UPDATE: Deputy Charles Gunn has resigned, effective November 13th.
Original article below:
A Richmond County Deputy has been arrested after investigators responded to a domestic violence call involving him and his wife.
Deputies were called to a dispute at a home on the 400 block of Walden Hills Circle on Wednesday.
Inside the home was off-duty Deputy Charles Gunn and his wife.
Responding deputies found signs of a physical altercation between the two.
Gunn was then arrested and charged with one count Simple Battery (Family Violence) and one count Criminal Trespass (Family Violence).
An internal affairs investigation has been initiated as a result of the arrest.
- Experts: Sunday is the busiest day of the year for online dating
- Teacher says she was fired for giving students zeroes
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high