AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - The Richmond County Sheriff's Office confirms that the human remains found in the woods on Golden Camp Road have been identified as 16-year-old Latania Janell Carwell.
Richmond County Coroner Mark Bowen says that she was identified through dental records.
Latania was first reported missing last April 17th, when her mother, Tanya Tripp, said she left with her stepfather, Leon Tripp.
Leon Tripp faces charges of Murder and Kidnapping in regards to her disappearance.
Tanya is charged with Concealing a Death.
Leon Tripp later told investigators that she is dead.
The Richmond County Sheriff's Office will hold a press conference on Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
This is a developing story. Count on NewsChannel 6 for the latest details as they become available.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Man arrested after driving himself and victim to sheriff's office following fatal shooting
- Georgia's hands-free law now in effect
- Woman arrested after her vehicle hits three children on an ATV in Burke County
- Burke County deputy crashes patrol car in single vehicle accident
- Rescued sacrificial rooster terrorizes neighborhood
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop